Scandinavian Prints Tags with Rebecca Luminarias


Happy Friday!  Our May guest designer Rebecca Luminarias is back with us today sharing a set of beautiful tags.  Here she is with all the details:

Hi everyone! I'm so happy to be back guesting for Neat & Tangled again on this TGIF! Today I have a set of tags that I made using the Scandinavian Prints dies.

The concept is fairly straightforward; I arranged the dies to make a flower (or 2) on the tag, then cut it out. I made 2 tags with the negatives and 2 tags from the pieces I cut out.


They're both very simple, but I love the folk-inspired outcome. They almost remind me of my mom's quilts.



For the tags where I used the negatives, I added some patterned paper behind the tag. It's a pink and navy blue floral print and offers a bold contrast against the white cardstock.


On this tag, I chose a pink ink to stamp "thank you" (from the Sweet Treats Sentiments set), with the little flourishes stamped in blue. I also added some lace and glitter elements, finishing off with navy blue seam binding.


The next tag is similar, but I used a different flower shape and a different "thank you," this one included in the Scandinavian Prints stamp set. While there are the textural elements, I chose to keep the tags minimal otherwise so that the focus would be the cut-out flowers themselves.


After completing those 2 tags, I took the white cut out pieces and made two more tags with them. I actually really liked the plain white shapes against the plain white stock, but in the end, I decided to add in some color. I stamped each flower bloom with a matching stamp in pale pink. I tested out the darker pink ink, too, but in the end, I just liked the soft pink better against the backdrop of navy tulle.



I did keep the stems and leaves plain white in order to draw more attention to the blush blooms. I stamped "thank you" again and cut it down to a small strip of paper, which I adhered to the tags using 3-dimensional foam dots.



It's always fun to use the dies in a slightly unexpected way. When I started this project, my idea was to cut out a bunch of flowers and piece them together to make the tags, not unlike the last two tags. But almost by accident, I cut out the single flower just perfectly to inspire the cut-out tags. Adding the paper behind them really made them pop, too, and this project took a slight detour. But you know what they say about the road less travelled...


Thanks for having me again today! Happy making!

3 comments

  1. These turned out so cute. I especially like the ones with the floral paper. I also like all the lace, tulle and glittery tidbits you added. Fun ideas. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soo pretty! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top